Every student who enrolls at Emmanuel College must be enrolled in and working to meet the graduation requirements in a curriculum leading toward either an associate or a baccalaureate degree. For a complete program outline and list of all requirements, click on one of the links below to download the catalog for the year you started at Emmanuel. Prior year catalogs are available for those who may have a question regarding the programs of Emmanuel in previous years.
Welcome! The Shaw-Leslie Library
Please click HERE to return to the Shaw-Leslie Library LibGuides!
Emmanuel College Honors Program
Engaging minds, spirits, and relationships
In the Emmanuel College Honors Program, a Christ-centered scholarly community, students and faculty collaborate in intellectual inquiry, engage with diverse academic disciplines as responsible writers and researchers, serve and learn for the sake of others, and grow together spiritually.
- Offers an enhanced set of core classes that provide greater academic opportunities
- Enhances post-graduate acceptance and vocational position
- Engages a close knit group of classmates for four years in Honors sections of 17-22 hours of core classes that are enriching and intellectually stimulating
- Develops close relationships with other students and faculty who enjoy intellectual challenges
Honors Degree Benefits
- Interactive student-centered classes that inspire creativity
- Mentoring and personal attention from the honors faculty
- Priority class registration
- Graduation ceremony honors
- Annotated diploma
Admissions to Program
The Emmanuel College Honors Program will select 24 students each year who demonstrate a strong academic record, motivation to excel, creativity and leadership. Incoming freshmen who meet two of the following criteria are encouraged to apply for admittance to the Honors Program:
- A minimum SAT score of 1000 (combined Reading and Math) or ACT equivalent
- A minimum SAT Writing score of 500 or ACT equivalent
- A minimum hich school GPA of 3.25 or top 10% of graduating class
- Evidence of a commitment to excel in an academically stimulating environment
Students who meet two of the requirements above will be invited to apply, but any first-year student motivated to participate in the Honors Program is welcome to submit an application. Applications (including an essay) submitted by June 1 will be reviewed by the Honors Committee. Up to twenty-four will receive a letter of invitation. Incomplete or late applications may not be considered.
To apply to the Honor's Program, fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Emmanuel College - Dr. Chris Hair PO Box 129, Franklin Springs, GA 30639. The application can be found HERE . Make sure you right click and choose "save link as." Then open the application from wherever you saved it, fill it out, and send it in. If you just left click the link it will take you to a web version that cannot be filled out electronically.
- After the Honors Committee has examined the application materials and determined each student’s eligibility, it will choose the top 24 applicants
- The selected applicants will receive an invitation from the Honors Committee
Honors Program Contacts
Dr. Chris Hair
Click the image below to view the Honors Program Brochure.
Completion of at least 30 hours of coursework, including EN 101, EN 102, CM 130, Math (see specific program requirements), ED 101, and ED 200 (must have a “C-” or better in each of these courses)
The Department of Business Administration is thrilled that you are considering Emmanuel College as your next step in education. We are even more excited for the possibility of your studies in the business administration area of Management or Computer Information Systems.
Please review this information on our website. We look forward to speaking with you and answering your questions about the Business Administration degree program. If you would like more information about our business department programs, please contact me at (706)-245-7226 x 2630 or email email@example.com.
And, may God bless you and your scholarly endeavors.
David Jordan, Department Chair, Associate Professor, Business and Computer Information Systems
Emmanuel College values your privacy. Please read the following information about how we handle your information.
Where is Emmanuel College, and how big is it?
Emmanuel College is in Northeast Georgia in Franklin Springs. Emmanuel College averages about 800 students. With a student to teacher ratio of 15:1, your opportunity to excel is enhanced. For more information, click here.
What are the standard admissions requirements?
- Official high school transcript (with at least a 2.0 GPA)
- Official copy of an SAT or ACT score (with a combined Critical Reading and Math score of at least 860 on the SAT or an 18 composite score on the ACT)
For detailed information about the admissions process, see the college catalog.
What majors do you have?
Emmanuel is a four-year liberal arts institution with over 25 fields of study. For a complete listing of all majors, minors and associate degrees, click here.
How much does Emmanuel Cost?
Emmanuel can save you up to $12,000 per year over the cost of tuition at similar private Christian colleges. The tuition at Emmanuel is approximately half the national average tuition for similar colleges. To view an up-to-date schedule of charges, click here.
What kinds of financial aid does Emmanuel offer?
Students can qualify for academic, church, athletic and endowment scholarships. Also, you may receive the Federal Pell Grant, student Stafford Loan and parent PLUS Loan. Georgia residents may receive the HOPE Scholarship and the GTEG (Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant). For more information, click here or call the Financial Aid office at 1-800-860-8800.
What kinds of activities can I get involved in at Emmanuel?
Emmanuel offers an array of activities including community service activities, foreign and domestic mission trips, leadership opportunities, study-abroad programs, student government, academic clubs and intercollegiate and intramural .
How many Christian denominations are represented at Emmanuel?
There are approximately 25 denominations represented among the student body.
What is the average high school GPA of the freshmen class at Emmanuel?
The average GPA of the freshmen class is 3.0.