The Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology prepares a student for career opportunities related to health and wellness in schools, community, or business. The program also seeks to fulfill prerequisites to professional schools in allied health fields and provide students with a background in sports-related areas of study.
Atlanta Falcons Physical Therapy Program - Flowery Branch, Ga.
- Northeast Georgia Rehabilitation Center - Franklin Springs, Ga.
- St. Mary's Sacred Heart Hospital - Lavonia, Ga.
- St. Mary's Sacred Heart Wellness Center - Lavonia, Ga.
- St. Mary's Wellness Center - Athens, Ga.
- Anytime Fitness- Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Pro Therapy - Commerce, Ga.
- Upper Palmetto YMCA - Clover, S.C.
- Athens Physical Therapy - Athens, Ga.
- Emmanuel College Strength Training Program - Franklin Springs, Ga.
CAREERS IN KINESIOLOGY
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Test Technologist
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Corporate Wellness Programs
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Strength and Conditioning
- US Military and Fitness Training
- Commercial Health and Fitness Facilities
- State and Federal Wellness Programs
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
LIBERAL ARTS CORE
EN 101, 102 (Freshman Composition) 6 hrs.
CM 130 (Intro to Communication) 3 hrs.
Literature 3 hrs.
Language/Literature 3 hrs.
Social and Behavioral Science
History 3 hrs.
PY 220 (Human Growth & Development) 3 hrs.
Natural Science/Mathematical Reasoning
SC 111 (Biology I) 4 hrs.
MA 125 (Trigonometry) 3 hrs.
BI 111 (Biblical Literature & History) 3 hrs.
BI 112 (Interpreting Biblical Literature) 3 hrs.
BI 300 (Gospel of John) 3 hrs.
TH 237 (Christian Ethics) 3 hrs.
PE 105 (Total Fitness) 1 hr.
FS 101 (Freshman Seminar) 2 hrs.
SS 400 (Professions, Vocations, Missions) 1 hr.
Total 44 hrs.
MAJOR LOWER AND UPPER LEVEL COURSES
KN 215 (First Aid and Safety) 3 hrs.
KN 218 (PE, Exercise Science, Sport) 3 hrs.
KN 219 (Personal Health) 3 hrs.
KN 314 (Nutrition) 3 hrs.
KN 319 (Athletic Training) 3 hrs.
KN 321 (Kinesiology) 3 hrs.
KN 322 (Exercise Testing Prescription) 3 hrs.
KN 330 (Sports Psychology) 3 hrs.
KN 401 (Tests and Measurements) 3 hrs.
KN 413 (Motor Learning) 3 hrs.
KN 414 (Exercise Physiology) 3 hrs.
KN 454 (Internship) 3 hrs.
KN 456 (Internship) 3 hrs.
KN Electives* 6 hrs.
(KN221, KN313, SC 221, SC241)
MA 200 (Statistics) 3 hrs.
SC 101 (Scientific Reasoning) 1 hr.
SC 112 (Biology II) 4 hrs.
SC 220 & SC 221 (Chemistry I) 4 hrs.
SC 240 & SC 241 (Physics I) 4 hrs.
SC 330 &331 (Human Anatomy I & II) 8 hrs.
Electives* 9 hrs.
TOTAL 122 hrs.
*NOTE: MA124/124I (College Algebra) may be required to insure that Kinesiology majors are prepared for higher level mathematics courses. Placement is based on MPE test scores or SAT/ACT math test scores.