The Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management prepares students for career opportunities in various areas of sports management. The student who specializes in this area of study will receive a strong background in sports as well as a strong business component allowing him/her to develop skills enabling the student to hold management level positions in organized sport.
SPORTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPS
- Emmanuel College Athletic Program (Over 25 Athletic Teams-NCAA DII Membership Process) - Franklin Springs, Ga.
- West Georgia Baseball, LLC- Villa Rica, Ga.
- Edenton Steamers Minor League Baseball - Edenton, N.C.
- Hart County High School Baseball - Hartwell, Ga.
- Hart County High School- Hartwell, Ga.
- Athens United Soccer League - Athens, Ga.
- Madison County High School - Danielsville, Ga.
- Athens Christian School- Athens, Ga.
CAREERS IN SPORTS MANAGEMENT
- Professional League Manager
- Minor League Manager
- Olympics Organizer
- Amatuer Sports League Manager
- Player Agent or Representative
- National Sports Organizer
- Summer Camp Organizer
- Event Management
- Athletic Administration in Public and Private High Schools, Colleges, Rec. Departments and Stadiums
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
LIBERAL ARTS CORE
EN 101, 102 (Freshman Composition) 6 hrs.
CM 130 (Intro to Communication) 3 hrs.
Literature 3 hrs.
Language/Literature 3 hrs.
Social and Behavioral Science
History 3 hrs.
Political Science/Psychology/Sociology/Economics 3 hrs.
Natural Science/Mathematical Reasoning
SC 111 (Biology I) 4 hrs.
MA 124 (College Algebra) OR
MA 200 (Statistics) 3 hrs.
BI 111 (Biblical Literature & History) 3 hrs.
BI 112 (Interpreting Biblical Literature) 3 hrs.
BI 300 (Gospel of John) 3 hrs.
TH 237 (Christian Ethics) 3 hrs.
PE 105 (Total Fitness) 1 hr.
FS 101 (Freshman Seminar) 2 hrs.
SS 400 (Professions, Vocations, Missions) 1 hr.
Total 44 hrs.
MAJOR LOWER AND UPPER LEVEL COURSES
BU 201 Microeconomics 3 hrs.
BU 250 (Computer Applications) 3 hrs.
BU 260 (Financial Acct) 3 hrs.
BU 300 (Management) 3 hrs.
BU 305 (Marketing) 3 hrs.
BU 310 (Business Law) 3 hrs.
BU 325 (Small Business Mgmt) 3 hrs.
BU 360 (Management Communications) 3 hrs.
BU 410 (Human Resources Mgmt) 3 hrs.
KN 215 (First Aid and Safety) 3 hrs.
KN 218 (PE, Exercise Science, Sport) 3 hrs.
KN 219 (Personal Health) 3 hrs.
KN 313 (Organization/Administration) 3 hrs.
KN 330 (Sports Psychology) 3 hrs.
KN 400 (Contemporary Issues in Sports) 3 hrs.
KN 410 (Sports Management) 3 hrs.
KN 450 (Internship) 3 hrs.
KN 452 (Internship) 3 hrs.
KN Electives 6 hrs.
(KN314, KN 319, KN322, KN413)
SC 101 (Scientific Reasoning) 1 hr.
SC 330 (Human Anatomy I) 4 hrs.
Electives 12 hrs.
TOTAL 124 hrs.