Welcome local High School Students. Emmanuel College is honored to help you take your first steps toward higher education.
What is Move On When Ready?
the Move on When Ready (MOWR) Program provides for participation in Dual Credit Enrollment for Eligible High School and Home Study students. These students earn postsecondary credit hours and simultaneously meet their high school graduation or Home Study completion requirements as Dual Credit Enrollment students. State revenues provide funding for this program. The award amount received by eligible students and the total amount of funds appropriated for the program is established each year by the Georgia General Assembly during the prior legislative session and is subject to change during the Award Year.
- Priority Application Deadline: May 1 - student will be registered for requested courses if all paperwork is complete by this date.
- Final Application Deadline: July 14 - student cannot be guaranteed requested courses, but will be accommodated if at all possible.
- MOWR Orientation: July 17 @ 9 a.m. at the Swails Center
Students Applying for Dual Credit Enrollment at Emmanuel College
High school students in their junior or senior year may, with the approval of their high school counselor, enroll in a combined number of high school and college courses per semester in the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program.
Home school students are also eligible to participate in the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program and should contact the Georgia Student Finance Commission for details at GAFutures.org.
Dual Enrollment students must be at least 16 years old.
MOWR classes do not count against the HOPE Scholarship hours cap and are not calculated in the student’s grade point average for HOPE Scholarship after high school.
Public school and home school juniors or seniors who wish to enroll concurrently at Emmanuel College should submit the following materials:
1. MOWR Application
A student must complete a MOWR Program Application and submit it to his or her Eligible High School or Home Study program for each school term (semester or quarter) for which he or she participates in the MOWR Program as follows:
a. Students who attend a public or private Eligible High School
must complete the online MOWR Application at GAFutures.org.
b. Students who attend a Home Study program must complete the
paper MOWR application available at GAFutures.org.
2. Emmanuel College Application Form submitted directly to the Registrar's Office through your high school counselor (not the Admissions office and not through the online application).
3. Official high school transcript (must have at least a “B” GPA)
4. SAT or ACT scores: Minimum SAT of 980 (March 2016 and beyond); minimum ACT of 19 (Composite). Counselors will have specific breakdown for placement in English and Math. If the high school has established higher GPA and/or test score requirements for participation in MOWR, those requirements must be met in lieu of the requirements of Emmanuel College.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2017:
- Students may enroll in MOWR for three semesters per year: fall, spring, and summer.
- Students may enroll in up to 15 hours in a term; 12 hours in summer.
- Hours are NOT counted as Attempted-Hours nor are they included in the Combined Paid-Hours limit for the purposes of HOPE Scholarship or Zell Miller Scholarship eligibility.
- Tuition and fees are paid by the State directly to the College. Individual courses which have additional fees, such as science labs, are the responsibility of the student.
- Books are provided by the College for all approved MOWR courses. All books must be returned at the end of each term following instruction given when books are picked up or a fine may be assessed.
- Deadlines for application materials will be adhered to in order to allow for maximum student enrollment and in order to have books for students prior to the beginning of classes.
For more information, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 706-245-2817.