Where is Emmanuel College, and how big is it?
Emmanuel College is in Northeast Georgia in Franklin Springs. Emmanuel College averages about 800 students. With a student to teacher ratio of 15:1, your opportunity to excel is enhanced. For more information, click here.
What are the standard admissions requirements?
- Official high school transcript (with at least a 2.0 GPA)
- Official copy of an SAT or ACT score (with a combined Critical Reading and Math score of at least 860 on the SAT or an 18 composite score on the ACT)
For detailed information about the admissions process, see the college catalog.
What majors do you have?
Emmanuel is a four-year liberal arts institution with over 25 fields of study. For a complete listing of all majors, minors and associate degrees, click here.
How much does Emmanuel Cost?
Emmanuel can save you up to $12,000 per year over the cost of tuition at similar private Christian colleges. The tuition at Emmanuel is approximately half the national average tuition for similar colleges. To view an up-to-date schedule of charges, click here.
What kinds of financial aid does Emmanuel offer?
Students can qualify for academic, church, athletic and endowment scholarships. Also, you may receive the Federal Pell Grant, student Stafford Loan and parent PLUS Loan. Georgia residents may receive the HOPE Scholarship and the GTEG (Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant). For more information, click here or call the Financial Aid office at 1-800-860-8800.
What kinds of activities can I get involved in at Emmanuel?
Emmanuel offers an array of activities including community service activities, foreign and domestic mission trips, leadership opportunities, study-abroad programs, student government, academic clubs and intercollegiate and intramural .
How many Christian denominations are represented at Emmanuel?
There are approximately 25 denominations represented among the student body.
What is the average high school GPA of the freshmen class at Emmanuel?
The average GPA of the freshmen class is 3.0.
Find the category below that best describes you to see a basic overview of the documents you will need to provide when you apply to Emmanuel. Then use the links on the left for more information and to begin the application process. You can see detailed information about the admissions process in the college catalog.
First-time Freshman: Anyone who has not yet graduated from high school (regardless of the number of college hours earned), or anyone who has graduated from high school or holds a GED and has attempted fewer than 18 college credit from an accredited institution.
- Emmanuel College Application for Admission
- $25 Application Fee
- ACT or SAT Scores (must be official or on high school transcript)
- Official High School Transcripts
- College Transcripts (if college hours attempted)
- Emmanuel College Application for Admission
- $25 Application Fee
- ACT or SAT Scores (must be official)
- Homeschooled students may provide their own transcript in place of an official high school transcript (be sure to include grades 9-12)
International Student: Any applicant who is not a permanent resident of the United States.
- Emmanuel College Application for Admission
- Official High School Transcript (must be translated into English language and format)
- TOEFL Exam Scores (required minimum score of 550 on paper exam, 213 on computer exam, 79 on internet exam)
- Check with admissions staff for additional requirements
Transfer Student: Anyone who has graduated from high school, or holds a GED, and has attempted 18 or more hours of college credit with a cumulative 2.0 GPA from an accredited institution.
- Emmanuel College Application for Admission
- $25 Application Fee (Waived if you were previously accepted at Emmanuel College before attending your current school)
- Transfer Eligibility Form (Click here to visit the registrar's page and download the TEF. It's located under the heading "Required Forms for Admission and Registration.")
Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, even if no credit was earned or grades received. Transcripts must be sent directly from the college.
I'm Accepted, Now What?: Once you have been accepted, it's time to secure your spot at EC by making a deposit, completing financial aid, and registering for classes.
1) The first step is to decide if you want to be a part of the Honor's Program. To check eligibility and apply visit their page here.
2) Registration days will be held before each semester but housing and classes fill up quickly, so the sooner you register the better. At registration each student will be required to take the Math Placement Exam (MPE). Information on preparing for this test and for math in general at Emmanuel College can be found here. When you register you will also be required to make a deposit to reserve your class schedule and place on the housing preference list.
3) Click here to make a deposit. You can make a deposit and fill out a housing application (found on the Residence Life page) to secure housing and your enrollment any time after being accepted.
4) Don't wait to start Financial Aid, you can begin by filing your FAFSA and then completing Financial Aid as soon as possible to make sure you receive the most aid available. Click here to learn more about the Financial Aid process.
5) Finally, after you are registered and have settled your account (completed Financial Aid and paid off your remaining balance), you're ready to move-in and start life at Emmanuel College. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Welcome Alumni and Friends!
A life-changing education is only the beginning of what Emmanuel College is all about. As an EC alum, you are part of a family and a legacy of success, and we want to keep you involved!
The Office of Alumni and Development is responsible for campus development in addition to alumni and public relations. Our website contains information about upcoming events, news and other happenings at Emmanuel. It is easier than ever to keep up with your fellow graduates and campus news--just click Stay Connected along the left.
I hope you will use these pages as a resource to stay involved and to build on those great relationships you began as a student. And, if we can help you in any way, please let us know! Our goal is to provide numerous opportunities for you to reconnect with friends, faculty and all of your EC family through these resources.
Vice President for Development
Listen to students share about how God is shaping their lives through Emmanuel College!
Welcome to Emmanuel College Admissions!
Knowledge is the aim of any quality liberal arts education, but the best liberal arts education goes even further. At Emmanuel College, you will be enriched by a rigorous academic experience, and you will be inspired by so much more.
Our institutional desire is to provide our students a high-quality education, taught in a caring Christian environment. Here, you will live and study with other Christian students, who every day will lift and embolden you. You will work beside faithful, caring professors, who will challenge you and bring out your very best. And, you will have access to every possible opportunity, enabling you to grow in ways you never thought possible.
Here, at one of the finest liberal arts colleges anywhere, you will find all you need to succeed. All of your academic and spiritual aspirations are within reach at Emmanuel College.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the admissions office at 1-800-860-8800 or email email@example.com.
Vice-President of Enrollment Management and Marketing
Apply now for next semester!
Next semester is quickly approaching but we're still accepting applicants. Start the admissions process today by clicking HERE to visit the Admissions Process page. Find the section that best describes your situation and take your next step on the path of higher education!
We are excited that you are thinking of attending Emmanuel College, and we realize financial assistance may largely determineyour college decision. With that being said, below you will see a list of items to complete that will help us assist you more efficiently.
If at any time you have questions, please contact our office. All student should contact Lisa Williamson at 706-245-2841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the menu on the left for different pages of forms and information about financial aid.
Here are some steps to help us help you in the financial aid process:
STEP ONE - Log into Net Partner, our online financial aid system.
- Log into Net Partner here. Log In instructions can be found on the home page of the NetPartner website.
- If you do not have a Net Partner account, sign up for one here.
STEP TWO - Complete all appropriate aid applications
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here. The FAFSA is the form that will assist us in determining your eligibility for any Federal Financial Aid Programs such as the Pell Grant and Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant. Make sure you use our school code: 00156300.
- Georgia residents should complete the application for HOPE Scholarship & Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant (GA411) here.
- Complete the Emmanuel College Application for Financial Aid (ECAFA) here. You must set up a Net Partner account for this if you do not have one already. The ECAFA is the form that will assist us in determining your eligibility for any Emmanuel College Scholarships as noted on the scholarship page of this website.
STEP THREE - Check the status of your financial aid on Net Partner.
- Click on the FA Documents/Information tab to determine if financial aid documents are outstanding. (Submit any requested documents to the Office of Financial Aid as quickly as possible.)
- Once awarded, click on Accept/Decline Awards tab. (Once accepted awards will be posted to a student’s account for payment purposes.)
- If you have accepted a Federal Direct Loan, Parent Plus Loan or wish to apply for a loan, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling here.
Emmanuel College offers a first-rate education with qualities and opportunities rarely seen at an institution this size. For example, our math majors are taught by a Ph.D. from Cal Tech and a Ph.D. from Purdue with over 30 years of industry experience. Our science majors are accepted at renowned graduate and medical schools, our communication majors learn using the industry’s latest digital equipment, and many of our psychology graduates are practicing or teaching with doctorates in psychology.
Our small class sizes keep learning highly interactive, and a very low student-to-teacher ratio (15:1) ensures you will receive personalized attention when you need it. Emmanuel professors are invested in their students’ success, and they will do whatever it takes to help you reach your full potential.
Choose from one of our four-year (B.A. & B.S.) or two-year (A.A. & A.S.) programs:
Baccalaureate Degree Programs
School of Arts and Sciences
BA in English
BS in Mathematics
BA in Church Music
BA in Music
BA in Music Performance
Natural Sciences Department
BS in Biology
BS in Biology (Pre-Pharmacy)
BS in Biology (Pre-Professional Studies) - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, etc.
BS in Biology (Pre-Veterinary)
Social Sciences Department
BS/BA in History
BS/BA in PreLaw
BS/BA in Psychology
School of Business
BS/BA in Business Administration (Management Concentration)
BS/BA in Business Administration (Computer Information Systems
Communication Studies Department
BS/BA in Digital Media Production
BS/BA in Organizational Communication
BS/BA in Grapic Design
Kinesiology and Sports Management Department
BS in Kinesiology
BS in Kinesiology (Pre-Occupational Therapy)
BS in Kinesiology (Pre-Physical Therapy)
BS in Sports Management
School of Education
BS in Early Childhood Education
BS in Middle Grades Education
BS in Business Education
BS in Health and Physical Ed (P-12)
BS in History Education
BS in Math Education
BS/BA in English Education
BME Bachelor in Music Education (P-12)
Computer Information Systems
Institutional Mission Statement
Emmanuel College is a Christ-centered liberal arts institution that strives to prepare students to become Christlike disciples who integrate faith, learning and living for effective careers, scholarship and service.
Deus Nobiscum – “God With Us”
Emmanuel College is a private, four-year Christian college with an Evangelical, Pentecostal foundation. Committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Founded in 1919 by the International Pentecostal Holiness Church.
There are about 800 students representing over 28 states, 10 foreign countries and 25 denominations.
Emmanuel has an attractive 150-acre campus in Northeast Georgia. Emmanuel has a secure setting surrounded by state parks and other attractions nearby. Emmanuel is conveniently located near Athens and Atlanta, GA and Anderson, SC.
Costs & Aid
Emmanuel is one of the nation’s most economical private colleges with tuition 49% below the national average, and with 9 out of 10 students receiving financial aid.
Nearly 25% of Emmanuel’s students come from over 300 miles away.
Emmanuel College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Emmanuel College.
Four-year programs (B.A. & B.S.) lead to careers or graduate study. Liberal arts base. Two-year programs (A.A.) designed for institutional transfer. Strong Christian dimension. Student-faculty ratio of 15:1.
During the fall semester of 2003, 138 first-time, full-time certificate- or degree-seeking undergraduate students entered Emmanuel College. After 6 years (as of August 31, 2009), 41% of them had graduated from our institution or completed their programs.
Emmanuel College is committed to providing equal education and employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of their economic or social status and does not discriminate in any of its policies, programs or activities on the basis of gender, age, race, handicap, marital or parental status, color or national or ethnic origin; over 19% of Emmanuel College's students are ethnic minority.
The Shaw-Leslie Library provides information services to students, faculty and staff of Emmanuel College as well as the community. It has a collection of more than 95,000 volumes, including books, music scores, CDs, DVDs, electronic books, monographs and other multimedia materials. Periodical resources include current paper journal subscriptions, newspapers, microfiche, indexing and full-text access contained in the databases of Galileo. Library services include computer labs, circulation, reference, library orientation and interlibrary loan.
Through numerous organizations, our students serve by visiting hospitals, homeless shelters and prisons. They tutor children, do street ministry, assist pastors, go on summer missions trips and more.
Fun, Games, Growth
Over 25 organizations provide opportunities for leadership, spiritual growth and fun. Intercollegiate teams include basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, volleyball, cross-country, softball, baseball and more. Varied Intramural teams. Chapel, concerts, special events, community ministries, summer mission trips. Approximately one-third of our students serve in leadership positions.
Student Activity Center
The center includes racquetball courts, table tennis, pool tables, weight room, TV lounge, outdoor pool, spa and sauna.
We would love for you to visit our campus. Click here to learn about the campus tour.