Dear Emmanuel Family,
Last year, we witnessed a remarkable turnaround for the College as God showed himself strong by helping us break the stranglehold of debt and navigate to a position of financial stability. Following God’s miraculous intervention, we have been asking what’s next? What has he saved us for?
It’s time to think differently, not for difference sake, but to do better, to be better. The problem for different-thinking people is the pushback from same-thinking people. Most of the world seems comfortable doing the same things in the same ways and getting the same results even when the outcomes are not nearly good enough. Not us. At Emmanuel College, we are attempting to do something greater, something better.
There are endless possibilities of what we can create and implement:
• Greater efficiencies and effectiveness in our educational model
• Innovations in teaching and learning
• More experiential learning methods
• Fully online degrees
• Hybrid online/on-campus educational delivery
• New majors in areas trending upward, perhaps in science, health and technology
• Graduate programs and degrees
• Additional locations and specialty campuses.
For the past three years, our motto has been Pray First, Pray Through. Prayer brought us through one of the most difficult periods in the history of Emmanuel College, and prayer will sustain us in the present and launch us into an exciting and boundless future.
In this New Year, I ask three things of you:
- Pray for us now more than ever. Pray for specific initiatives as they are unveiled. Join my daily prayer blog at PrayForEmmanuel.blogspot.com. Ask others to pray and join as well.
- Recruit students for us now more than ever. Talk to potential students. Encourage them to consider Emmanuel. Direct them to our website: ec.edu.
- Support us now more than ever. Give as often and as much as God directs. Ask others to consider donating. Encourage your church to give. Establish a scholarship. Create an estate plan that includes the College.
- Right now we are asking for a $100 gift for our 100th birthday! Click the link below.
May the next 100 years truly be transformative. Our success is a credit to your love and appreciation for this place and the work that God is doing here. Thank you for all you have done to support us over the years. Emmanuel College. Now more than ever!
Ron White, EdD