Emmanuel College is excited to begin classes both in-person and online beginning on August 13, 2020.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the college has taken extraordinary precaution as it prepares for the fall semester. See below for an overview of the college’s plan to reopen.
- Face Coverings are strongly encouraged in some situations and required in others, such as in classrooms and other mandatory indoor meetings.
- All on-campus students, faculty & staff will be required to be screened every 72 hours at one of the multiple on-campus screening stations.
- Students who exhibit symptoms will be quarantined and tested. While in Quarantine, students will transition to online learning and will continue their studies via the Canvas online learning portal. Students who test positive will be isolated and given appropriate medical care.
- Emmanuel College is partnering with St. Mary’s Sacred Heart Hospital in the health care and treatment of our students beginning this semester. The hospital is prepared to treat any persons who test positive and may need their services.
- Most academic programming will be offered in person; however, all courses will feature extensive online components that will enhance learning and reduce interactions and social contact within the learning environment.
- Students will be encouraged to reduce their normal movements outside campus as one of the most effective ways to reduce exposure. When traveling, students will be encouraged to use Physical Distancing and to wash their hands frequently.
- Dining Services will offer multiple locations and various carryout options. Patrons who choose eat-in dining will practice Physical Distancing.
“I am confident we have developed an effective plan that will keep our students and employees safe and will help us manage any challenges that arise,” commented President Ron White. “We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to campus.”
Click here to view the college’s full reopening plan!