On Saturday afternoon, March 19. we celebrated the newly renovated Wellons Hall with a ribbon-cutting dedication. Stories and fond memories of the Wellons family were shared, and visitors toured the beautiful space. Present from the Wellons family were sisters, Beth Morrice, Gaye Mashburn, Kathy Todd, and Joy Moore.
Ms. Todd spoke to the crowd thanking Brian James and the Emmanuel community for their support and prayers as this project was completed.
The Wellons renovation included:
- Transformation of the lobby and bathrooms into a larger, more modern space and adding a lobby to the front of the building.
- Constructing a beautiful outdoor plaza with firepit, putting green, and sitting space
- Renovation of all the dorm rooms and hallways (paint, carpet)
- Renovation of all restrooms (new showers, vanities, toilets, paint)
- Renovation of laundry (new floors, paint, machines
Emmanuel President, Ron White shared his appreciation for all of the Wellons families, who led the way as primary givers for this project.
“I am so deeply appreciative that the next generations of the Wellons families continue to support the college in many ways,” he said. “The level of support for the Wellons Hall project was incredibly generous and helped create the remarkable renovation of the facility.”
We are deeply appreciative of the Wellons family for their generous contributions to creating a space that will be enjoyed by generations to come!