Over winter break, several Emmanuel swimmers competed well at the National and International levels, with three Lions being named National Champion!
Congratulations to all!
Emmanuel Freshmen Compete at Polish National Championship!
Bydgoszcz, POLAND – Two Emmanuel College swimmers competed at the Polish National Championships last week, November 30 – December 4, 2022. EC Freshmen, Bartosz Mielniczuk became National Champion as part of the 400-medley relay which he anchored as the freestyler.
Mielniczuk competed in 5 events (8 swims all in personal best times) at the championships:
- In the 50 free swam 22.22 prelims, 22.06 in finals for 12th place overall
- In the 100 free swam 49.39 prelims, 49.06 in finals for 12th place overall
- In the 200 free swam 1:53.48 prelims for 44th place overall
- In the 200-medley relay swam 21.93 (free anchor) in finals for 3rd place overall
- In the 400-medley relay swam 49.36 (free anchor) for 1st place overall, earning National Champion title
EC Freshmen, Jan Michalak competed in 3 events (5 swims all in personal best times) at the championships:
- In the 200 back swam 2:03.44 prelims, and 2:02.85 in finals for 16th place overall
- In the 200 fly swam 2:04.33 prelims for 18th place
- In the 200 IM swam 2:02.80 prelims, 2:02.12 finals for 13th place overall
Ungo named 3000 Meter Champion at XIIV Open Madrid Winter Long Distance Swimming Championship
Madrid, SPAIN – Emmanuel swimmer, Susana Ungo competed at the XIV Open Madrid Winter Long Distance Swimming Championship on December 12, 2022 and earned a 1st place finish in the 3000 meter swim! She finished the course in 36 minutes and 19 seconds.
Aloisio Named Bolivian National Champion!
Beni, BOLIVIA – Emmanuel Senior Valentina Aloisio competed at the Bolivian National Championships, a 4-day meet, from December 7-10, 2022. Aloisio had an outstanding meet, becoming National Champion in five events:
- In the 50 LCM Breast, finishing 1st in 34.42
- In the 100 LCM Breast, finishing 1st in 1:17.06
- In the 50 LCM Back, finishing 1st in 32.54
- In the 100 LCM Back finishing 1st in 1:12.10
- In the 50 LCM Free finishing 1st in 28.46
White named National Champion at U.S. Paralympic National Championship!
Charlotte, NORTH CAROLINA – Emmanuel freshmen, Mei White competed at the 2022 U.S. Paralympic National Championship from December 16-18, 2022, in Charlotte, NC.
On day two of the event, Mei competed in the 100 LC Meter Breaststroke multiclass:
- In the morning prelims, she qualified 1st, making the A finals with aa time of 1:37.03.
- In the evening finals, she finished 1st overall with a time of 1:37.90, to become a National Champion in the event!
Lions compete at Open Water Nationals!
Biscayne Bay, FLORIDA – Emmanuel women’s swimming competed at the CSCAA Open Water National Championships on December 18th, 2022. The Lady Lions took home 2nd place as a team (NCAA Div. II) finishing 1.43 seconds behind the 1st place finisher. Overall, the ladies finished 19th out of 27 teams (NCAA Div. 1 and Div. 2 combined), bringing a total of four athletes to compete. Congratulations to Reilly Allman, Carolina Asberg, Vivianne Ammermann, and Sofiia Briantseva on a fantastic swim!
Emmanuel Head Swim Coach, Allen Gilchrest couldn’t be prouder of how his swimmers competed!
“Our teams had a great December with Emmanuel swimmers competing at 4 different national championships on 3 different continents, ultimately coming home with 3 different national champions! At Emmanuel, we encourage our student-athletes that not only can they compete well in college, but also on the national and World stage of their sport. Our swim and triathlon teams continue to prove that! We are thankful to God for the strength, courage, and determination He is instilling in our student-athletes every day. GO LIONS!”