Emmanuel is home to over 70 international students from 22 various countries around the world. We would love to add you to the count!
The application process for an international student can feel overwhelming. There are several additional steps involved in order to process the required documents needed for an F-1 student visa. Students should submit all of the following.
- Application for Admission
- $75 application fee
- A copy of your passport
- Financial statement- a bank statement, no older than 90 days, certifying the family has the resources to pay for the cost of one year at Emmanuel College, $32,028 for the 2022-2023 year.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or similar exam scores if English is not primary language- an internet based TOEFL exam score of 79-80, Duolingo score of 110, or an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher. SAT or ACT scores may be submitted in lieu of the TOEFL if the student’s primary language is English and must be equivalent to scores required for acceptance of non-international students.
- Official high school & college transcripts. Transcripts from each high school or college attended must be evaluated by IEE (International Education Evaluation), SpanTran or a similar translation service at the student’s expense. Emmanuel College recommends IEE or SpanTran as the preferred vendor. The course-by-course evaluation must include Date of Graduation and Grade Point Average.
frequently asked questions
Yes. There are a couple. For Admissions questions you can contact Kelley Alexander , the Director of Admissions.
We also have an international student liason on campus who works with our students to arrange arrival details, arrange shopping trips, introduce international students to American culture and to others on campus. Her name is Deborah Millier and she’s a great resource for you if you have questions about settling in on campus so far from home.
A course-by-course evaluation is required.
Students that need to obtain an F-1 student VISA are required to present an I-20 with their VISA application. Emmanuel College will issue an I-20 for non-citizens once the student has been accepted. Students must submit all needed admissions documents prior to review for an I-20 to be issued.
- The financial statement submitted as part of the admission process is used in the completion of the I-20. Emmanuel College is required to document the financial means used to cover a student’s annual expenses. The total financial cost necessary for the year can be met with a combination of institutional aid, personal finances, and/or a sponsor’s aid.
- The Registrar’s Office is the only office that is certified to prepare, issue, and mail
The Priority Deadline for International Applications to be submitted is June 30th for the Fall semester and November 30th for Spring semester.
More information coming soon. Thanks for your patience!
When flying into the U.S., the two closest airports to Emmanuel are Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta, Georgia or Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport in South Carolina.