MONDAY, JULY 27, 2020
You have made an important decision to accelerate your college career by enrolling in college classes while you are still in high school. The next step will be for you to come to the campus to complete the matriculation process. A special day has been set up for your convenience. Your participation in this event is very important to your smooth transition to being a college student.
Monday, July 27
Check-in at the Swails Center
9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. New Dual Enrollment Students
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Returning Dual Enrollment Students
Before you arrive on campus on July 27, there are a few things you must do. Please log in to your Checklist in CRIS and make sure you change the semester to Fall 2020. You will need to complete all Checklist items except for #3 (Student Account Balance) before July 27. The Student Account Balance will stay red until after classes begin, and your GAFutures application has been processed by your high school and EC Financial Aid and Registrar Offices.
- ID cards: You must email a picture of yourself to email@example.com no later than July 20. Cards will be printed before you arrive on July 27. Photo requirements:
- Student must be easy to recognize.
- Picture must be in focus.
- Student must be the only one in the picture.
- Entire face and hair clearly shown. Head and shoulders must be viewable.
- NO sunglasses, hat, or head coverings that are not worn for religious purposes.
- Photo cannot be digitally altered or tampered in any way.
- Parking: You must complete the Vehicle Registration prior to July 27. Enter the vehicle you plan to drive to campus. Drive that vehicle to Emmanuel on July 27 so that your parking sticker can be affixed that day.
Thursday, August 6
Students coming to pick-up text books must register for a time slot prior to coming on campus. Please use the registration form below to do so.
Check-in at the Admissions Office for COVID screening
Textbook pickup at Shaw Leslie Library 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Orientation: All students that were new beginning in January 2020 are required to complete New Student Orientation. Orientation is completed through the CANVAS online learning platform (located on the MyEC page) and will be available beginning Monday, July 6. Students will use the same username and password for CRIS, CANVAS, and email. Orientation must be completed before classes begin on Thursday, August 13.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 706-245-2818 or contact your High School Counselor.
Debra F. Grizzle