MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2021
You have made an important decision to accelerate your college career by enrolling in college classes while you are still in high school. The next step will be for you to come to the campus to complete the matriculation process. A special day has been set up for your convenience. Your participation in this event is very important to your smooth transition to being a college student.
ID card and Textbook Pickup
Monday, January 11 1 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Check-in at the Admissions Office
Go to Student Development for ID card
Go to the library to pick up your textbooks
Before you arrive on campus on January 11, there are a few things you must do. Please log in to your Checklist in CRIS and make sure you change the semester to Spring 2021. You will need to complete all Checklist items except for #4 (Student Account Balance) before January 11. The Student Account Balance will stay red until after classes begin, and your GAFutures application has been processed by your high school and EC Financial Aid and Registrar Offices.
- ID cards: You must email a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, January 6. Cards will be printed before you arrive on January 11. Photo requirements:
- Student must be easy to recognize.
- Picture must be in focus.
- Student must be the only one in the picture.
- Entire face and hair clearly shown. Head and shoulders must be viewable.
- NO sunglasses, hat, or head coverings that are not worn for religious purposes.
- Photo cannot be digitally altered or tampered in any way.
- Parking: You must complete the Vehicle Registration prior to January 11. Enter the vehicle you plan to regularly drive to campus. You will receive email communication to your EC email account when you can get your physical parking sticker.
New Student Orientation
All new students are required to complete New Student Orientation. Orientation is completed through the CANVAS online learning platform (located on the MyEC page) and will be available beginning Monday, December 14. Students will use the same username and password for CRIS, CANVAS, and email. Orientation must be completed before classes begin on Tuesday, January 12. Questions can be sent to Jerrica Grant, email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 706-245-2818 or contact your High School Counselor.
Debra F. Grizzle