What is the EC Bridge?
The purpose of the EC Bridge is to assist students who are struggling by providing academic coaching as well as connecting them with the appropriate EC resources. Students are referred by faculty through an online platform as Early Alert cases and assigned to care coordinators or academic coaches. High-risk students are also entered in the Bridge based on their academic status, provisional or conditional acceptance or demographic indicators.
How the EC Bridge Can Help
- Meet with students on a regular basis for encouragement and accountability.
- Train students on how to understand course syllabi and Canvas assignments.
- Serve as the Bridge between faculty and students as well as from students to faculty, communicating expectations and special needs.
- Refer students to college resources such as counseling and tutoring
- Provide study strategies for academic success
- Help students with life skills and connect their courses to their career goals
April James, email@example.com, Library 101
Kirk McConnell, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shaw Athletic Center