- “Impacting the World for Christ Through Media.”
With this motto, Communication at EC prepares students to be Christian communicators in learning, working, and serving with their minds, hearts, and spirits throughout college and life. Communication incorporates information, technology, and community. In the senior project course, students showcase their knowledge and skills acquired through the communication curriculum. Aside from completing 16 hours of core communication courses, students choose the digital media production or organizational communication concentration. These concentrations prepare them for graduate school or entry-level positions in a variety of career choices, including Media Production, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Video Editing, Advertising, Layout and Design, Marketing, Fundraising, Human Resource Development, Communication Training and Consulting, etc.
Communication graduates will demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
1.Ability to orally present messages with appropriate audience analyses.
2. Ability to build and maintain small groups.
3. Ability to work with and continually learn new technologies.
4. Ability to critically evaluate and present a variety of viewpoints on issues.
5. Ability to use knowledge of existing research to conduct original research. 6. Knowledge of the theories, historical and critical, which underlie the communication field and the concentration studied.