What can I do with a degree from the Department of Natural Sciences?
Every year, graduates from Emmannuel’s Department of Natural Sciences go on to do amazing things. Our alumni get into many of the top graduate schools in the nation. Here are some that recent graduates entered:
- Georgia Regents University School of Medicine
- Georgia Regents University School of Dentistry
- University of Alabama, Birmingham School of Optometry
- Mercer University School of Medicine
- Virginia Tech School of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Georgia School of Environmental Science
- University of Missouri School of Environmental Science
- Samford University School of Pharmacy
- University of Georgia School of Pharmacy
- South University School of Pharmacy
Dr. Stephanie Asbury Phillips (‘06) –
Phillips graduated with a Leadership Award from Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Blacksburg, VA. While there, she served as President of the Christian Medical and Dental Association. Phillips has participated and led mission trips to Peru, El Salvador, Honduras, and Haiti. Currently, she is working on her 1st year of residency training in Family Medicine with a Global Health Track at AnMed Health in Anderson, SC. Phillips says her passion is the underserved populations in the world, and her focus is public health, infectious disease, primary care, and prevention
Dr. Woodwin Weeks (‘05)Weeks graduated from medical school and completed a one-year fellowship in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. Today, he is completing his residency in Family Medicine at the East Orlando Florida Hospital. After residency, Weeks will return to his hometown of Moultrie, GA to set up a practice in Family Medicine.
Dr. Alex Ward (‘05)
In 2009, Ward graduated from the University of Georgia with a Doctorate in Pharmacy. He completed his PGY1 residency at the Southern Arizona VA Healthcare System in Tucson, AZ. Today, he is completing a PGY2 residency in critical care at the University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham, AL. Ward has already accepted a position as the Surgical/Medical ICU Pharmacist at the New Mexico VA Healthcare System in Albuquerque, NM (starting August 2011).