The Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management prepares students for career opportunities in various areas of sports management. The student who specializes in this area of study will receive a strong background in sports as well as a strong business component allowing him/her to develop skills enabling the student to hold management level positions in organized sport.
1. To prepare the student for the successful pursuit of either graduate study or a career in sports related fields.
2. To provide a Christian worldview of sports in our society and the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Graduates of the Sports Management program should be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge base appropriate to an undergraduate sports management program of study as it applies, but is not limited to, the following areas: physical education and sport history; physical fitness, first aid, and safety principles; individual and team sports skills; personal and community health; the use of physical activities to meet the needs of the physically disabled; accounting, finance, and management principles in organized sport; legalities of providing athletic services to schools, communities, and businesses; and the promotion and marketing of sport and physical activity programs.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in the workplace both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate an ability to express their Christian worldview of sports.
- Demonstrate an ability to network with colleagues working in the Sports Management field.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in sports management teams