Come join the conversation and serve the world with the gifts of your mind.
- $40,000 in scholarships over a four-year period
- Community living in a shared honors dorm
- Virtuosi film series that discusses current and important films
- Regularly scheduled evening discussions with faculty members using various learning platforms (i.e. podcasts, video, live stream)
- Socratic method as the primary means of learning through pursuing truth and asking questions along with faculty mentors
- Classes that integrate academic disciplines
Criteria for application – Applicants must meet at least two of the three following criteria:
- SAT of 1200 combined Reading and Math (or ACT equivalent)
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Evidence of commitment to excel in an academic setting
Students entering Emmanuel College will be awarded pre-Virtuosi acceptance and post-Virtuosi acceptance financial aid packages. Students will receive an “academic merit” award letter initially that details their financial aid eligibility using the SAT/ACT scores and high school GPA. That matrix can be found here. However, once a student has been accepted into the Virtuosi program they will receive a revised award letter detailing what their eligibility looks like with a Virtuosi scholarship in lieu of their regular academic scholarship and institutional aid.
Please note that Emmanuel College has an institutional “non-stacking” policy. Simply stated, a student cannot receive both the academic merit award package and the Virtuosi award package. Virtuosi scholarship aid supersedes all other institutional aid. If the Virtuosi award package is chosen then no other institutional aid will be available. Any external scholarship aid will be accepted and applied normally. Each student will have the option of choosing the award package that affords them the most robust financial package possible- and they can do so each year. A student may decide to accept the academic merit package in the freshman year and chose the Virtuosi package the sophomore year. Not choosing the Virtuosi financial package in any given year will not preclude a student from participating in the Virtuosi program.
- Freshman Year $10,000
- Sophomore Year $10,000
- Junior Year $10,000
- Senior Year $10,000
Students that take longer than 8 semesters (4 years) to graduate are not eligible to receive institutional aid for the 5th year. Students may appeal to the Office of Financial Aid for institutional scholarships to assist in the 5th year, but Virtuosi funds are not guaranteed and may be replaced with other sources of aid.
Contact Dr. Nathan Gilmour, Chair of the Virtuosi Honors Program at email@example.com for more information.